CloudTXT Content Policy
CloudTXT Content Policy
Last Updated: June 5, 2023
CloudTXT LLC (“CloudTXT”) is building a SMS marketing service that is integrated in the Shopify ecosystem. To offer the best experience to our customers, we rely on the members of our community to respect each other and their end users, and to adhere to best practices for marketing content.
CloudTXT is committed to complying with the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association (“CTIA”), carrier, and related state and federal laws and regulations that govern SMS/MMS messaging requirements. This CloudTXT Content Policy (“Content Policy”) outlines prohibited content. By using any CloudTXT product, service, application, or website, you are agreeing to this Content Policy. CloudTXT may update this Content Policy from time to time by posting an updated version to this website, and any updates will be effective upon posting. For clarity, the examples in this list are not exhaustive. If you violate this Content Policy, CloudTXT may refuse to provide service to you and your business or impose appropriate restrictions, limitations, or compliance additions to the CloudTXT product(s) and/or service(s). While CloudTXT is not required to monitor its platform for compliance with this Content Policy, CloudTXT reserves the right to do so.
You may not use any CloudTXT product, service, or website to solicit, display, store, process, send, transmit, or otherwise promote:
- SHAFT Content (sex, hate, alcohol, firearms, tobacco).
- “Sex” includes adult or otherwise indecent, profane, inappropriate, pornographic, or obscene content.
- “Hate” includes content that: (a) incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages individuals or groups based on age, disability, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, race, immigration status, religion, medical condition, veteran status, or any other category recognized under applicable laws or reasonably determined by CloudTXT, (b) depicts violence or endorsements of violence against individuals or groups, (c) has the purpose of harassment or stalking, or any communications from groups deemed to be spreading hate or misinformation, or (d) is libelous, defamatory, profane, or otherwise malicious or harmful speech.
- “Alcohol” includes beverages for which an individual is required to be 21+ in the US and non-alcoholic drinks that resemble alcohol in alignment with T-Mobile’s Code of Conduct (e.g. beer with 0% alcohol). *Note: As of January 2023, alcohol and non-alcoholic beverage content is allowed provided that there is robust in-thread age verification. For more information, please contact us at info@CloudTXT.com.
- “Firearms” includes non-cooking knives, tasers, stun guns, swords, pepper spray, toy weapons that closely imitate the appearance of weapons and other weapons.
- “Tobacco” includes all vaping products.
- Gambling. Includes casino apps, gambling websites, and sports betting.
- Illegal Content. Includes any content that: (a) endorses illegal or illicit drugs under local, state, or federal laws, including cannabis, CBD, cannabis derivatives (like Delta-8), hemp seed oil, hemp powder, and prescription drugs that cannot be sold over-the-counter, (b) relates to sales of goods or services in violation of applicable export control laws, or (c) is federally illegal or illegal in any of the 50 states.
- Infringing Content. Includes any content that: (a) infringes, violates, or misappropriates any third-party right, including any intellectual property or privacy right, (b) slanders, defames, or libels a third party, or (c) you do not have a right to make available under law, contract, or fiduciary relationship, including proprietary and confidential information of a third party.
- Sensitive Personal Data. Includes: (a) sensitive personal information as defined under the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) or other applicable laws, (b) personal health information as defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) or Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, (c) personal information of children as defined under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA) or similar applicable laws related to children’s privacy and data, (d) nonpublic personal information subject to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or similar applicable laws related to financial privacy and data, or (e) government identifiers that uniquely identify a natural person such as a social security number or passport number.
- Fraudulent and Malicious Content. Includes any content with the purpose of: (a) impersonating a person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting affiliation with a person or entity, (b) phishing, pharming, or similar behavior, or (c) distributing viruses, spyware, malware, or other harmful software.
- High Risk Financial Services. Includes payday lending, debt collection, third-party auto loans, third-party mortgage loans, student loans, loan services not from direct lenders, risk investment opportunities, short term high interest loans, cryptocurrency, and lead generation for any of these financial programs.
- Debt Forgiveness. Includes debt consolidation, debt reduction, credit repair programs, and third-party debt collection.
- Data Brokers. Includes content from any entity whose primary business is the sale of personal information.
- Escort, Dating, and Adult Services. Includes (a) content promoting underage, non-consensual, or other illegal sexual themes, whether simulated or real, (b) content that may be interpreted as promoting a sexual act in exchange for compensation, (c) content promoting the sexual exploitation of minors, and (d) content that is made to appear appropriate for a family audience but contains adult themes, including sex, violence, vulgarity, or other depictions of children or popular children’s characters, that are unsuitable for a general audience.
- Work Programs. Includes work-from-home programs (e.g. paid survey sites), “secret shoppers”, risk investment opportunities, pyramid schemes, and job alerts from third-party recruiting firms.
- Political Campaign Content. Includes primarily political campaigns, endorsements, and solicitation of campaign donations.
- Charitable Programs and Donations. Includes GoFundMe campaigns and non-profit or charitable organizations which solicit donations.
CloudTXT reserves the right to determine whether other categories of content are offensive or otherwise inappropriate at CloudTXT’s sole discretion.